MEAL officer (32 hours)
Do you have experience with data management and would you like to specialise in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning? Then we are looking for you!
Why CARE Nederland?
We are CARE Nederland, part of CARE, an international development organisation active in more than 100 countries worldwide. Originating from American food aid to Europe after the Second World War, we have been committed for 77 years to those who need it most.
CARE supports people in the most difficult places in the world in building a better life. We fight poverty by combating inequality. We do this by providing emergency aid, working on equal rights for women and making communities resilient to the effects of climate change and natural disasters by supporting them in building a sustainable livelihood. Our approach is characterised by customisation: in consultation with local partners and residents we determine what is needed and what works. After all, it is only together that we can achieve sustainable results.
What will you be doing?
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) officer is positioned within the MEAL staff team of CARE Nederland and is supervised by the MEAL coordinator. The MEAL Officer will support selected project staff in the development, monitoring and evaluation of projects in such a way that it ensures the quality of their projects, and it enables the organisation to learn. They will also support the publication of IATI data. The MEAL Officer will collect and analyse data at project, programme and organisational level, enabling the dissemination of findings and learnings for quality programming, more impact and to inform advocacy for systems change.
- Support selected project staff in quality planning monitoring, evaluation, learning.
- Contribute to the further development of the project information system and IATI reporting.
- Collect, analyse, and document results for reporting, learning and evidence-based advocacy.
What do you bring to the table?
- An academic background; MA in relevant subject required.
- Experience with (overseeing) data collection and analysis, and data base management.
- Experience with MEAL in development programming.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of Dutch and French would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Planning and organisation skills.
- Didactic skills.
CARE maintains a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse and takes all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving CARE staff and related personnel seriously.
What does CARE Nederland offer?
- 1-year contract with possible extension.
- A gross monthly salary based on BBRA-scale 9 (€ 3.196,42 – € 4.483,49)
- International work environment in which you work with colleagues from different backgrounds to achieve the goals of CARE Nederland.
- Open work culture characterised by weekly joint coffee moments and regular staff meetings.
- Location in the bustling heart of The Hague.
Ready to apply?
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the profile sought? Please send your application using the button below. The deadline to respond to this vacancy is 6 November 2022.
For more information, please contact Mirjam Locadia, MEAL coordinator.
- An EU work permit is a requirement for this position.
- Working from our The Hague office for at least 50% of the time is a requirement for this position.
- We may contact applicants before the closing date.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.