CASCADE Coordinator (38 hours)
Do you want to work as a project professional in the sustainable development sector and are you willing to transfer your knowledge to CARE offices in other countries? Then we are looking for you!
Why CARE Nederland?
CARE supports people in the most difficult places in the world to build a better life. We fight poverty by combating inequality. We do this by working for the empowerment of women and communities that are disproportionately affected by climate change, natural disasters or conflict.
CARE’s approach is characterized by achieving equal rights and opportunities. In doing so, we create structural change, in close collaboration with partners, governments and communities on the ground. As an international development organization, CARE is active in more than 100 countries worldwide.
What will you be doing?
The CASCADE programme goal is to improve food security and contribute to the reduction of malnutrition of at least 5 million women of reproductive age and children under 5 in Benin, Nigeria, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia and Mozambique. The consortium is comprised of CARE International and GAIN, two organisations that have extensive experience in tackling malnutrition in the programme countries at multiple levels. The programme has two strategic objectives:
- it aims to increase access to and consumption of healthy diets,
- as well as increasing the resilience of households to economic and climate change-related shocks across the six countries, with a focus on women of reproductive age and children.
The programme will galvanise government, business and communities around 5 domains:
- 1) Policy change and accountability.
- 2) Re-engineering markets and mobilising private sector.
- 3) Transforming cultural norms and practices.
- 4) Taking a gender transformative approach.
- 5) Systematising data and learning for policy.
The Consortium Coordinator is placed within the Sustainable Development team of CARE Nederland, reporting to the Head of Sustainable Development, and is responsible to lead the global coordination of the CASCADE consortium.
The Consortium Coordinator assures that the communication, advocacy and MEAL strategies of CARE Nederland are considered.
The Consortium Coordinator will be supported through a functional management line by a Project Controller and several Program Managers, who support the country team implementation and contract management. The Consortium Coordinator supervises directly, a Consortium MEAL Officer as well as technical experts on advocacy, gender and social accountability.
1. Programme management
- Lead on the inception phase of the program and the development of an inception report to the donor.
- Facilitate the interactions between all consortium parties (GAIN, CARE Nederland and CARE US/FWS) to contribute to the programme objectives.
- Manage staff who are directly supervised (Consortium MEAL, Advocacy, Gender and Social Accountability experts) and with functional reporting line (Project Controller, Program Officers) to effectively contribute to the programme’s objectives.
- Prepare and co-animate the Consortium operational and strategic committees.
- Prepare Management Team meetings, chaired by the Head of Sustainable Development.
- Support the country offices of CARE and GAIN in establishing and maintaining strategic and effective partnerships between each other and with the SUN network and other actors in strong collaboration with the concerned Program Manager.
2. Reporting and compliance:
- Ensure timely donor and internal reporting (interim and final reports, periodic progress report).
- Follow-up on the donor’s deadlines (grants, reporting, audits) in close collaboration with the consortium partners.
- Ensure donor compliance.
- Guarantee the proper archiving of all project information, reports, internal and external communications.
- Supervise and/or produce operational communications internal and external.
3. Knowledge management and learning
- The consortium takes a decentralised approach to our knowledge and research work, connecting networks of researchers across the continent. In that respect, ensure creation of prioritized roadmaps and research agenda’s linked to national professional and academic communities.
- Ensure that a system is in place that facilitates optimal knowledge management and continual learning across the consortium and Country Teams.
- Ensure that knowledge management and continual learning are leveraged to support evidence based advocacy, communication, and programmatic impact.
- Ensure an effective MEAL strategy is in place which includes progress monitoring and evaluation, adaptive management, and impact evaluation.
- To achieve our knowledge management and learning ambitions.
- Supervises the MEAL officer of CARE for CASCADE.
- Supervises the advocacy advisor with special focus on building national capacity for evidence dissemination.
- Supervises the social accountability and gender advisor to assure proposed policy actions are well coordinated with national actors and take into account gender.
- And works closely with consortium partners.
The Consortium Coordinator reports to the Head of Sustainable Development.
- Maintains internal contacts with finance, communications, MEAL Coordinator, Advocacy Coordinator, Program staff in support of the deliverables.
- Manages relations with GAIN and CARE USA Food and Water Systems team.
- Ensures representation of the consortium with Ministries of the Netherlands, Donors, EC, Clusters, Peer Organizations etc.
- Within CARE Nederland, the Programme Manager CASCADE reports technical content to the Head of Sustainable Development including participation in SD meetings.
What do you bring to the table?
- At least 5+ years experience with programme management in a development or transition context.
- At least 5 years relevant field experience with food security and nutrition and policies linked to this topic.
- Excellent coordination skills to achieve results without a line management responsibility and across organisations.
- Academic work and thinking level; MA in relevant subject required.
- Experience with online communication, programme document management and the application of IT solutions to reach a larger public.
- Experience with programming of lobby, advocacy and community participation.
- Knowledge of and experience in drafting program descriptions and project reporting.
- Experience in monitoring multi-country programs at distance.
- Affinity with financial project management.
- Strong political sensitivity, and diplomatic skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and French.
- Good writing and presentation skills.
CARE has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual harassment, abuse and exploitation and participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
What does CARE Nederland offer?
- An interesting position where taking initiative is stimulated.
- A gross monthly salary based on BBRA scale 11 (€ 3.530,72 – € 5.452,32), classification depends on relevant working experience.
- A temporary contract for one year with view to extension.
- International informal work environment in which you work with colleagues from different backgrounds to achieve the goals of CARE Nederland.
- Open work culture characterized by weekly joint coffee moments and regular staff meetings.
- Location in the bustling heart of The Hague.
Ready to apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your motivation (preferably one page) and resume via the link mentioned below, before August 3, 2022.
For more information, please contact Merlijn van Waas, Manager Sustainable Development.
- An EU work permit is required.
- We may contact applicants before the closing date.
- In case internal and external candidates have equal experience and qualifications, we will proceed with the internal candidate.
Acquisition regarding this advertisement is not appreciated.